There are so many different kinds of food that look – and taste – delicious on our plates!
Here is a recipe I brought to an Easter Potluck… they didn’t last an hour at the party. Too delicious! And very easy to make.
Lavender & Honey Shortbread Cookies:
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp. honey
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 c.)- room temp. or slightly melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. lavender buds- roughly chopped. Don’t pulverize them completely.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt (you can use regular table salt or sea salt)
- (I added 1/2 tsp. lemon zest to this recipe to kick it up a notch!)
- Combine the sugar, honey, and butter. Mix them together really well. Add the lavender, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix everything together again—making sure it’s all combined.
- Add the flour and the salt to the wet ingredients. Stir everything together until it’s all combined. Fold-in lemon zest (optional). You don’t want to over-stir though. The dough will be sticky and a little wet.
- Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Form the dough into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Freeze for about a half hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from the freezer, slice, and bake at 350 F for 7 to 8 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the sides start turning a little brown. Try not to overcook!
Delicious, easy, and a definite crowd pleaser. I couldn’t stop eating them! Enjoy!